Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Nyepi" preparation :D


This year is my first time I live in Bali while "Nyepi" day. "Nyepi" also known as silence day, where there are no activities in Bali for one whole day.. yap.. 24 hours.. This year, it starts from 6 a.m. until 6 a.m. the next day, Bali will be in darkness in that day.. Actually I'm kinda looking forward to this day, because I'm curious, what will it be.. some may say it's boring, even some of my friend at the office are taking their leave on that day. I don't know what kind of preparation should I do for that day.. maybe piling up foods, some important medicine, and don't forget about the water also, so I'm not gonna be thirsty that day. I think it's not that bad actually, I can have some time to think, contemplate, and plan about my life..my values..my FUTURE..
Oh ya, by the way.. do you know, Nyepi has becoming the main idea for a movement to make a world silent day.. check it out here! It's this March 21st 2010.. so you can sign up if you want to join this movement.. if you participate, you can reduce energy use and green house gas.. isn't that great? :D So I think tomorrow I'll go to the supermarket to buy some things.. There are a lot of things I want to share too another time.. see ya..

No comments:

Post a Comment